Now Accepting Entries!
Want to open for one of our national acts?
In the past, we have had artists such as Masego, PJ Morton, El DeBarge, Jennifer Holliday, and many more! Submit your audition for a chance to be a contestant in our first ever talent show "SKILLS". The winner will open for one of our national acts.
- The performer(s) must be a musical act from Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., or North Carolina.
- This contest is open to all ages.
- You must fill out the accompanying information form. ANY SUBMISSION MADE WITHOUT THE ACCOMPANIED FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHOW.
- Submissions CANNOT contain profane language or explicit adult themes. This is a family-friendly show so please prepare accordingly.
- The performer(s) must submit a 2-4 minute video or audio of themselves performing an original song or a cover to email@example.com
- Acceptable file formats: .mp3, .mp4, .mov
- Links to YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc. are acceptable as long as they are 2-4 minutes in length.
- Hard copies (including but not limited to CDs and USB Flash Drives) can be hand-delivered or mailed to: 2410 Wickham Avenue. Newport News, VA 23607
- If you cannot submit a 2-4 minute video and/or audio, you can sign up for a time slot between July 9 and July 13th to record your entry. The recorded submission will be reviewed with all other entries (not judged in-person). Please sign-up for a 10-minute time slot by clicking here!
THE ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 13th, 2018 AT 11:59 PM.
All submissions will be judged based on the abbreviated SKILLS Talent Show Rubric. You will receive a reply regarding your acceptance no later than July 18th, 2018. For the individuals who are not selected in the preliminary round, don't lose hope! You will be added to a waitlist and contacted in the event that one of the selected acts cannot participate.
The SKILLS Talent Show will be held on Friday, August 3rd, 2018 at 8:00 PM. The winner will be selected by a combination of judges tally and audience votes. Tickets for the show will be available to the public on Monday, July 16th, 2018 If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-247-8950.